Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 4 - Plan B Is Coming Into View Now...

We left the mountains behind for a day as we drove through Alberta and just barely into British Columbia today.  We actually got off track for a bit today (looking back, I could easily see how we made the mistake and could make it again) but it could have been much worse.  It all worked out, and we got to see some beautiful country that we would not have otherwise seen. 

We got an early start this morning, with plans to make it all the way to Fort Nelson.  I looked at maps to see how we could go an hour or two short of there, but other than a campground/RV park, there isn't any lodging available pretty much between Fort St. John and Fort Nelson. The weather was beautiful once again... I don't know how I get all this great weather for traveling, but I'll take it!  It's in the low 60s in northern Alberta on the last day of September.  Beautiful!


The drive reminded me a lot of the Plains... with more trees.  Lots of spruce and birch, and the birch is all bright yellow.  Because of the lack of terrain across much of the area, it isn't worth trying to take many pictures from the car.  We did go over a suspension bridge near Dunvegan... it's Alberta's only motor vehicle suspension bridge.  We've got some video, but for some reason we're having trouble uploading it.  Ok, here's a photo for you then...




After we got back on track, we headed to Dawson Creek and on to Fort St. John.  We knew we wouldn't make it to Fort Nelson, so here we stay.  Who knows where we'll make it to tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll be an adventure!  I didn't have time to create a "Plan B" before we left, but it appears Plan B is creating itself as we go along here.  Still no polar bear sightings, but we did see 2 wolves!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Your weather is certainly better than our weather (think Ark). Keep looking for those polar bears :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm caught up! :) I'm having a hard time visualizing the order of your trip. As an avid reader of your travels, I would like to suggest you create a map that shows us the order of your destinations and/or provides us links to a map. Click this to see what I mean!

    ReplyDelete