Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Road Trip!

Now to change gears to our road trip from Kansas to Alaska...

Day 1:

Archway Monument on I-80 at Kearney, Nebraska
 Monday morning we hit the road. I was glad to get the trip underway. Fox Pup did accomodate my request and packed within an inch of her life, so the car had plenty of room and we were comfortable. We'll see if I still feel that way after we live in it for 7 days, but for now we're settled - and with only 2 or 3 hisses out of her "no worries kitty" ;-) Within a very short time of leaving KS it becomes obvious that even though we have an entire SUV packed strategically so kitties can roam, they all want to be in the front seats with us. They are all doing exceptionally well with all the stress so far - I hope that only continues.

The best part of today was getting 750 miles, including Kansas and Nebraska, behind us. Wyoming had more visual interest and we were able to see the Rockies in the distance before dark. I ended the day looking forward to the coming attractions.

Day 2:
Brigham City, UT
We both got up and hit the road early this morning since we had a long day ahead of us. We drove out of Wyoming and through Utah and Idaho and into Montana. Beautiful scenery in Utah, and the other states were pretty, but nothing we could do justice to on film. One thing I didn't plan for is the number of bug deaths we would cause. We're already overachieving at that, and are doing a number on Fox Pup's brandy new windshield. It is a challenge to take pics in the car with all the bugs on the windshield, but we'll keep trying. As it was getting dark tonight we were driving through some windy, mountainous terrain and I anticipate more picture opps tomorrow. Today's tally: another 750 miles. Whew!




Murder Enroute to Alaska





2 comments:

  1. I like Day 1's Picture!!! Did you wave for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The full-motion video is a nice touch. In full screen mode, I kinda' feel like I'm playing one of those driving video games :)

    ReplyDelete